At veterinary clinics and animal hospitals, it’s crucial to line cages, bathing areas, animal hydrotherapy pools and exam rooms with safety mats for vets and pets. These must be hygienic, non-toxic and available in a range of cool colours to help keep animal stress levels low.
Vets and pets need mats in three key clinical areas for safety and comfort:
1. In animal cages:
Pets are often kept in cages waiting for surgery or during recovery, and comfortable cage mats help keep pets calm.
From pet rabbits to dogs, floor mats for cages support comfort and are easier on injuries and healing wounds.
Waterproof cage mats dissipate pet waste for improved comfort and hygiene – it’s very important to keep both animals and cages dry and clean.
Pet cage mats elevate animals from cold floors with insulating properties.
2. Inside bathing tubs and on animal hydrotherapy pool ramps:
- Whether they’re for cats or for dogs, anti-slip mats are more comfortable for pet paws than traditional metal grates with large gaps.
- Pet bathing mats are a much lighter alternative to metal grates, and easier for staff to lift – plus, they can be cut to fit on site and loose laid.
- Anti-slip mats for dogs and other animals offer soft cushioning and traction control to stabilise and support paws in slippery environments.
We recommend: Heronrib
Heronrib’s four-way drainage helps remove water, and it keeps pets stable inside bathing tubs.
3. Underfoot next to bathing tubs and in examination rooms:
- For vets and nurses, safety mats boost productivity and prevent circulatory issues caused by standing on hard surfaces for long periods.
- Around bathing tubs and vet tables, mats help reduce the risk of slips and trips by providing traction underfoot and dissipating spilled liquids.
- Lightweight and flexible, the mats can easily be moved to different work areas as needed, or lifted up for cleaning.
We recommend: Heronair
Heronair boosts productivity, reduces fatigue and insulates against hard concrete surfaces alongside bathing areas and around examination tables.
Our mats for pets and vets are:
Lightweight and easy to clean
Quick to install, loose laid and can be cut to fit on-site
Hygienic with antimicrobial and antifungal properties
As suppliers of mats for pets and vets to some of the UK’s leading veterinary clinics and animal hospitals, we understand your diverse needs. Talk to our team today for a quote.